Posted on May 4, 2010
If you like artichokes then this is the perfect dish for you to make.
It is really easy to pull together and is a crowd pleaser. It goes well with meat, fish, and even pasta dishes.
I also think this is the perfect dish to bring to family or friend gatherings. Next time you need to contribute to a dinner try it out. It takes hardly anytime to make and adds variety to the menu!
What you will need:
5 Cans of Quartered Artichokes (14 ounce cans)
1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
1 Bag of Panko Breadcrumbs
1 Cup of Parmigiano Cheese Grated
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Steps to Prepare
Drain the artichokes and put in a bowl
1. Add half of the panko bread crumbs and mix together
2. Add the cup of parmigiano cheese and mix together
3. Add the olive oil and mix together
4. Salt and pepper to taste
5. You can continue to add more cheese or more panko to get the mixture to a wet but lumpy consistency
6. When the mixture is ready butter up a 9×12 casserole dish
7. Fold in the artichoke mixture and top off with a sprinkle of parmigiano cheese
8. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes and then from there you can bake more if needed to get a nice brown crust on top.
After that it is ready to serve!
My Mom – Sandra Provenzano
I love using panko breadcrumbs instead of the regular breadcrumbs. They also have the Italian flavored panko that works well with this recipe too.