A Beautiful Mess: Angel Food Cake + Pineapple Whipped Cream
Posted on April 11, 2012
I love messy cakes. I love how beautiful they look with their carefree presentation.
My mother makes this cake often. It’s divine + easy. Two words that when used together means every person should have this recipe written down or saved.
It takes 15 minutes to assemble and 1 hour of chill time.
Also – I love pineapple. It reminds me of weddings. I think that’s because my parents had a pineapple cream layered cake as their wedding cake. We’ve ordered that for many of their Anniversaries (over 50 years and going).
Also at bridal showers we serve a punch that uses pineapple as the base and it’s really good.
This particular cake was served at Easter. It was light, airy, and full of pineapple flavor.
Next time you need a cake and you don’t have time to bake this recipe is for you at that very moment.
- 1 can (20 oz.) Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups thawed Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 round angel food cake, cut into 3 layers
- Strawberries or whatever berries you like for the topping
- 1. Slice the angel food cake into 3 layers.
- 2. Mix the pineapple and dry pudding mix together and gently fold in the cool whip.
- 3. Take the bottom layer of the cake and place on a plate or stand.
- 4. Spread the pineapple pudding mixture in between each layer.
- 5. Finish off the top layer with a layer of the pudding mixture.
- 6. Dollop a few drops of cool whip on top and add a strawberry in the center. (see picture)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.