Caipirinha is the National Cocktail of Brazil. You will need Cachaca, also known as “aguardiente”. This drink was so good and I highly recommend you try it!
If you can’t find Cachaca you can use Rum. Monica served these drinks on the night of the Brazilian Feast and they were wonderful!
What you will need:
– Cachaca (about 2 oz)
– 1 Lime (about 8 wedges)
– 2 to 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
– Crushed ice
– A pestle for the muddling or something that will help you crush the limes
Steps to prepare:
8 Steps to a tasty Caipirinha!
1. Cut the limes in half lengthwise and discard the ends as well as the white pith in the middle
2. Put the limes in a pestle or bowl to muddle with the sugar
3. Add two tablespoons of sugar to the limes
4. Crush (muddle) the limes to mix with the sugar
5. Take the lime and sugar mixture and put in an old fashion glass with crushed ice
6. Pour cachaca over the lime and ice right before the rim (about 2 oz)
7. Mix and stir
8. Garnish with a wedge or slice of lime