I’ve never been a fan of a thick butter cream icing on my biscuits or cookies. I would rather use Nutella, Cream Cheese or a Berry Jam.
This is a simple biscuit / cookie recipe that works well and is not overly sweet.
They take about 30 minutes to make & assemble so if you need something quick here’s your answer!
Heart Biscuits Cookies with Nutella Filling
1 Cup of Self Rising Flour
1/3 Cup of Sugar
5 Tablespoons of European Butter or Non Salted
1 Cup of Nutella (whipped with a hand blender to make it a bit creamier) If you need to add 1 Tablespoon of Whipping Cream to loosen it up a bit.
1. In a blender or food processor add the flour, sugar, and butter and blend until it starts to make crumbs.
2. Add the egg and continue blending until the dough starts to clump together.
3. Take the dough and put it on a powered sugar dusted surface and roll it out.
4. Using a shaped cutter begin to stamp out as many as you can.
5. Gather the remaining dough and roll it out again and stamp out another set of the biscuits.
6. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
7. Allow them to cool completely before you spread the Nutella filling.
8. For the Nutella filling make sure to whisk it a bit to loosen it up a bit. If you need to add 1 Tablespoon of Whipping Cream to help it move a bit.
9. Once the cookies are completely cool with a butter knife spread a layer of the Nutella on one side of the heart and take another heart and stack them.
10. You can sprinkle a bit of sugar on top for added sparkle.