1 cup white onion finely chopped
1 cup celery finely chopped
1 1/2 lb of ground Beef or Bison
2 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon or 1 Cube
3 Cans (or boxes like Pomi) Chopped or Whole Tomatoes (San Marzano Tomatoes)
5 Fresh Basil leaves
2 teaspoons chopped Italian parsley
Salt & Pepper
Grated Cheese (Parmigiano or Pecorino) to shave on top for serving, I like to toss Capellini, Rigatoni, or Penne.
1. In a large pot heat up the olive oil.
2. Add onions and celery and sauté over moderate heat until translucent.
3. Add the ground beef and season with salt.
4. Continue to brown the meat with onions and celery.
5. Cook with lid off until the juices cook off
6. Add tomatoes and mix into the beef mixture.
7. Add chicken bouillon.
8. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
9. Simmer covered for about 45 min, stirring occasionally as needed.
10. Add basil and parsley.
11. Continue to simmer until you are ready to toss with pasta.
Before serving check the seasoning and adjust salt and pepper to your taste. Toss with your preferred pasta and you are ready to eat.
Tomatoes are such a major part of this recipe so make sure you buy the chopped or whole tomatoes.
Keywords: Meals, Italian Dishes, Sauce, Bolognese, Bolognese Sauce