Burrata in Pesto – Simple and Fresh.
Burrata in pesto makes an easy fresh appetizer to serve with bread or on a pasta dish. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE buttery cheeses but sometimes I want something fresh and light and that’s where Burrata comes into play. Burrata is an artisanal fresh cheese found in southern Italy. It’s a round of mozzarella with stracciatella di bufala and cream inside. It has a creamy milky flavor that’s perfect for bread, pasta dishes, and pizza.
2 to 3 rounds of burrata (or however many you need)
1 jar pesto (or fresh if you make your own)
Salt and pepper
Italian Parsley or Basil
- Add olive oil to dish or platter.
- Place burrata on top of the olive oil.
- Add pesto along the sides of the burrata.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Italian parsley or basil.
- Serve with bread, like my Rustic Italian Bread.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Burrata, Italian Cheese