Burrata in Pesto – Simple and Fresh.
Don’t get me wrong I LOVE buttery cheeses but sometimes I want something fresh and light and that’s where Burrata comes into play. Burrata is an artisanal fresh cheese found in southern Italy. It’s a round of mozzarella with stracciatella di bufala and cream inside. It has a creamy milky flavor that’s perfect for bread, pasta dishes, and pizza.
What you need:
2 to 3 rounds of burrata (or however many you need)
1 jar pesto (or fresh if you make your own)
Salt and pepper
Italian Parsley or Basil
1. Add olive oil to dish or platter
2. Place burrata on top of the olive oil.
3. Add pesto along the sides of the burrata.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Garnish with Italian parsley or basil.
6. Serve with bread.