Egg Salad Finger Sandwiches
Egg Salad Finger Sandwiches are one of my favorite things to make. They are simple, elegant and easy to pull together.
They are also classified as tea sandwiches. Traditionally you would have them for afternoon tea since dinner was served very late. It was something to hold you over. Today there are all sorts of occasions for them to make an appearance.
Here are a few tips when you make these lovely little tea sandwiches:
Hard Boiled Eggs: first cover the eggs with cold water and then bring them to a boil. Cool under cold running water before removing the shells.
Crust: Giuliana Orme from afternoon tea lessons taught me to remove the crusts before buttering and filling. Once you remove the crust the trick is to butter them right up to the edges, then add the filling.
Shape: I personally like to cut them into triangles but you can also cut them into long narrow strips, squares, or even rounds.
Cutting: Press down firmly before cutting to stabilize the bread. Also, always use a well-sharpened bread knife for best results.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16
- Category: Sandwiches
- 4 Medium hardboiled eggs
- 8 Slices of thin white bread
- Softened butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped Parsley
- Chop the hardboiled eggs in a food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise until moist but not wet.
- Add chopped parsley and ground pepper to your liking.
- Cut the crust off the bread and spread with softened butter all the way to the edges.
- Spread the egg filling onto 1 slice of the buttered bread.
- Top it with another slice of buttered bread.
- Press down a bit and cut into a diagonal, take the diagonal and cut into another diagonal. 1 sandwich will yield 4 triangle sandwiches. Repeat this process with the other sandwiches.
- You should have 16 triangles total.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish.
If you have lots of crust then toss them in the oven and use them for bread crumbs on other dishes. They freeze well so no need to use them right away.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Egg Sandwiches, Sandwiches, Egg Salad Finger Sandwiches
Recipes to make with Egg Salad Finger Sandwiches: Cucumber Tea Sandwiches