A delicious tart with fresh figs and mascarpone drizzled with honey
French Pie Crust Sweet (Pate Sucree)
- 170 grams (1 ¼ cup) of All-purpose flour, sifted
- 100 grams (7 tbsp) chilled butter
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten
- 1–2 tbsp of ice water
Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- 8 oz of Mascarpone Cheese at room-temperature
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Jar of Fig Jam
- 2 Containers Fresh Figs
- Orange Blossom Honey to drizzle
Preparation for Pie Crust
- Pre-Heat oven to Conventional 350 Fahrenheit or 180 Celsius
- Sift the flour once more with the salt into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Cut the chilled butter into pieces and add it to the flour. Lightly rub the butter into the flour with the tips of your fingers lifting it and letting it sprinkle back down until you have a fine crumb like mixture.
- Add the sugar + lemon zest to the bowl and stir in using a fork making sure that it is well blended.
- Next mix the egg yolk with the water until well blended and drizzle it over the mixture stirring continuously with a fork or an icing spatula.
- You will notice the mixture starting to stick together at this point start to lightly use the hills of your hands pressing the dough together to form a round ball. The swifter you can be the better and easier this ball starts to form.
- Knead briefly on flour surfaced until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill over night or for at least for 1 hour before you use it.
- Press the dough out into your tart pan.
- Prick the base of the pastry all over with a fork.
- Next, line with a single sheet of wax paper and fill with a thin layer of dried beans or ceramic pie weights.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until a little golden. All ovens are different so keep an eye on it.
- Once the crust is baked set aside and let it cool.
Preparation for Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Using a hand-mixer or stand-up mixer with the whisk attachment, on medium speed, blend together the mascarpone cheese and 2 tbsp of the powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside in another bowl.
- In a mixing bowl add the heavy whipping cream and the remaining sugar and blend on high-speed just until stiff peaks form, about a minute or two.
- Turn the mixer off and carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Add the vanilla extract and gently stir to combine.
- Spread a light layer of fig jam onto the pie crust.
- Dollop the Mascarpone Whipped Cream on top.
- Arrange your sliced figs on top.
- Drizzle with Honey and you are ready to serve.
- Note: Let the pastry come back to room temperature and knead again before pressing it out into your pan.
Keywords: Desserts, Tarts, Mascarpone Tart