1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup cold sparkling mineral water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for frying
2 oz (60 g) fresh mozzarella cheese
20 large squash blossoms
1. In a bowl, stir flour, salt, eggs, mineral water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
2. Cut the mozzarella into sticks, about 1 inch long.
3. In a frying pan at least 3 inches deep, pour oil to a depth of 1 inch. Heat until batter sizzles when dropped into the bowl.
4. While the oil is heating up, open the petals of each flower and carefully pinch out the filaments inside. Insert a piece of the cheese into each flower. Press flowers closed.
5. One at a time, dip the flowers into the batter coating it completely. Lift the flower out of the batter and drain off the excess batter so there is a thinner layer of the batter covering the flower.
6. A few at at time gently slip the flowers into the oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. Using a slotted spoon transfer them to paper towels so they can drain.
Continue this process until all of the flowers (blossoms) are done. Serve Immediately.
Keywords: Italian Dishes, Bites, Fried Stuffed Zucchini Flowers, Fried Squash Blossoms