Create unique Easter Eggs easily by purchasing a few sticker patterns you like.
The kids and I decided to create these beautiful blue eggs and decorate them with winding branches and pops of sparkly flowers.
They turned out very nicely! This is now our favorite way to decorate our Easter Eggs.
5 steps to Beautiful Easter Eggs
1. First, make sure the patterns of your stickers are pliable so they can easily bend around dyed eggs.
2. I used different types of floral stickers and dyed the eggs with food coloring.
3. To get a smooth colored egg make sure the egg is covered completely in the colored dye. I use a coffee cup so the egg is completely submersed in the colored water. The depth of color will depend on how long you keep it in the colored water.
Note: Below are some instructions on how to Dye Easter Eggs with Food Coloring
4. Once the egg is the depth of color you like give it a light once over with a paper towel before it goes on the racks to dry.
5. When the egg is dry about 10 to 15 min you can apply the patterns.
How to Dye Easter Eggs with Food Coloring
Here’s what you will need:
– vinegar (plain white)
– small bowls, or coffee cups
– food color drops
1. First, mix the water and vinegar together. For every cup of water add 1tsp of plain white vinegar
2. Next, fill the cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full of water.
Note: Don’t fill the cups to much otherwise when you put the egg in it will overflow.
3. Now add drops of food color until it is the color you are looking for (then add 2 more drops to ensure that it translates that color to the egg).
4. Add, your hard boiled eggs to the cups with a spoon. Move it around with your spoon gently about every 15 seconds for about a 1 minute or 2 or until your desired color is achieved.
5. When you are ready to take them out let them dry on a rack so the color can set.
Note: Lay out plenty of newspaper for easy clean up!