A recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough that you can use for a variety of pizzas.
Makes 2 thin pizza crust
2 cups tipo “00” flour (250 grams)
3/4 cup lukewarm water
Optional: 1/4 cup room-temp water (if dough is too dry add water a little at a time until you get to a slightly sticky consistency)
1 packet of Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Granulated Sugar
Pre-heat oven an hour at maximum temperature prior to making pizzas, typically 450°F to 500 °F degrees.
- Add the yeast into a small bowl and sprinkle with sugar, add 3/4 cup of lukewarm water and stir to dissolve the yeast and the sugar. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it sit in a warm spot for 30 min.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, then make a well in the center. Pour the yeast mixture, salt, and the yeast mixture (little at a time) in the center.
- Knead everything into a smooth silky dough that you shape into a ball.
- Dust the ball with a little flour, cover and set aside in a warm place to rise for an hour.
- Once it rises dust with a little flour and roll into a ball and let it rise again for about 30 minutes.
- After it rises the second time roll into a ball again.
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days for a less yeasty crust. Or if you need the dough the same day you can use the dough after the 2nd rise.
- Remove dough from fridge 2 hours prior to making pizza so that the dough is at room temperature.
- Knead the ball of dough, then shape into a disc using your hands.
- Add your toppings: Margherita Pizza Recipe
- Bake on a stone or steel tray in a pre-heated oven 450°F to 500 °F (or as hot as you can get it) for 5-6 minutes.
Bake for 3 min, take out of the oven and add the cheese and bake for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Keywords: Homemade Pizza Dough