Making juicy fried chicken can be a little intimidating. But this Italian Recipe is simple and easy and I believe fool proof.
This is one of my favorite dishes that Flavia from Villa Baggine made for us one night.
It is the juiciest chicken I’ve ever had with so much flavor.
Since we’ve been back home I have made this for several friends and they all have the same reaction: “how did you get this to stay so juicy and tender”. So here’s how you do this:
Servings: 4 people
4 Chicken Breast Cutlets (breast is butterflied)
3 Cups of Panko (regular flavor)
1 Cup of Flour
1 Cup of Chopped Parsley (Italian Flat Leaf)
Salt to season however you like
1 Jar (7 ounces) of Capers (Use the capers marinated in white balsamic vinegar by Alessi)
5 Roma tomatoes Chopped
1. On a plate blend together with a fork: flour, panko, chopped parsley and salt. This is the breading for the chicken.
2. Take your Roma Tomatoes and Capers and mix them together in a bowl with salt and olive oil. Keep them close so you can top off the chicken before it goes into the oven to bake.
3. In a bowl beat 3 eggs.
4. In a pan pour olive oil to be about 1/4 inch up the side so you have enough room for the chicken to cook nicely. Turn your oven to 350 degrees and have a large baking pan (Pyrex) standing by.
5. Bring the oil to a medium-high heat.
6. Season the Chicken Cutlets with Salt then dip them in the egg mixture coating it completely and then layer/dust each side with the panko flour mixture making sure it is fully covered.
Note: I like to use tongs to get the chicken into the egg wash, then into the flour mixture then into the pan.
7. Next one by one add the chicken to the hot oil browning each side (1 minute each side or until light brown gold color) and put into the baking dish. Repeat until all of it has been browned.
8. Now that all of the chicken is in the baking dish take the tomatoes and caper mixture and top off each cutlet.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
10. I like to serve this chicken on a bed of Arugula that has been mixed with lemon juice. So good!
Keywords: Meals, Chicken, Italian Chicken, Italian Dishes