Makes about 35 meatballs
Beef 1 pound
Pork 1 pound
Onion 1/2 cup
Celery 1/2 cup
Fresh parsley 1/4 cup
Garlic 2 teaspoons, minced
Sea salt 3 teaspoons
Granted Parmesan 3 Tablespoons
Panko breadcrumbs (regular) 1/2 cup
Olive oil, 2 Tablespoons for browning the meatballs
1. In a food processor mince onion, celery, and parsley all together to form a paste.
2. In a large bowl combine beef, pork, minced mixture (from step 1), garlic, sea salt, cheese, panko, 1 egg; mix well.
Note: the mixture will be sticky, you can flour your hands to easily shape the meatballs.
3. Shape mixture into meatballs with light hands (very important) and set aside.
4. In a large skillet heat half of the oil (1 tablespoon). Cook all of the meatballs until browned on both sides.
5. Place the meatballs on paper towels to drain as you continue to work with each batch.
6. Repeat with remaining olive oil and meatballs.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Bake the meatballs for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Serve in a red sauce over pasta (pasta and meatballs), in red sauce on bread with provolone cheese, or add to soup (Italian Wedding Soup).