The Italian Wedding Cookie Recipe makes it’s appearance at Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, and during the Christmas Holidays. They are easy to make and only require just a few ingredients. I like to use an unsalted European style butter and a really good vanilla extract.
These cookies store and freeze well. You can freeze them before you roll them in powder sugar. I layer them between sheets of baking parchment spaced apart inside a container.
Servings: About 80 Cookies
1 1/2 Cups unsalted European butter (it has less water)
3/4 Cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
1 1/2 Cups ground almonds
5 Teaspoons vanilla extract
3 Cups All-purpose flour (sifted)
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/3 Cup powdered sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
- Cream butter in a bowl and gradually add powdered sugar, and salt.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add almonds and vanilla extract and blend.
- Next add flour and mix together.
- Shape into balls or whatever design you need. I use a teaspoon of the dough.
- Place on an non-greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let them cool before you roll them in the powdered sugar. Otherwise the sugar will melt onto the cookie and get lumpy.
Keywords: Desserts, Cookies, Italian Dishes