Lobster and Mascarpone Lemon Sauce served over Angel Hair Pasta is a quick and easy dish to pull together.
There’s so much you can do with lobster meat. You can mix it with lemon and mayo on a toasted bun, toss it with a salad, or add it to a creamy risotto or soup.
Note: You can make this Lobster and Mascarpone Lemon Sauce with just the lobster tails or a whole lobster (tail + claw meat).
Here are a few tips when you purchase live lobsters from the store:
1. Call a few stores to see who has live lobsters or at least lobster tails.
2. Ask if they can steam them for you. This is a free service.
3. When you first arrive at the store head straight to the seafood counter and pick out your lobsters or lobster tails.
4. When picking out lobsters choose an active female lobster. The more active the lobster, the more tender the meat. Also look for long antennae, this is also another indicator for tender meat.
5. Once you have the lobster picked out have them steam the lobsters for you.
6. While they are steaming the lobsters do the rest of your shopping. Depending on how busy they are this usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Easy. Right!
Here’s an easy and quick video on how to clean your lobster once you get home (video is 1 minute and 18 seconds).
Don’t forget the wine: I like a Dry Rosé from Provence or a Chablis from France. A Chardonnay will be perfect with this dish too.
- 1 box angel hair pasta (cappellini)
- 4 steamed lobster tails (if you have claw meat use that too)
- Lemon butter (2 lemons juiced with 2 tbsp of butter) warm this up in the microwave for about 15 to 25 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- 6 tbsp mascarpone.
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese.
- 5 to 7 tbsp pasta water (when you are boiling the pasta you will need to use some of this water for the mascarpone sauce). Start out with 5 tbsp of pasta water and add more if you need to.
- 4 basil leaves chopped.
- Lemon wedges for garnish.
- Remove lobster meat from the tails (and claws if you purchased a whole lobster).
- Slice the lobster meat into bite size pieces and mix with 1 tbsp of the warmed lemon juice butter mixture.
- Bring water to a boil (add the salt once the water is boiling) add pasta. Note: this pasta cooks quick (5 to 6 minutes) – pay attention!
- In a bowl mix mascarpone with half of the lemon butter sauce, parmesan cheese, 5 tbsp of pasta water + salt to taste.
- Add pasta while it is hot to the mascarpone mixture and toss. If you have claw meat add it to the pasta mixture. Continue to season with salt and cheese to your taste.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and place the larger pieces of lobster meat on top of the pasta and sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Evenly pour the rest of the lemon butter sauce on top of the 4 portions of lobster.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedge on the side.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Meals, Italian Dishes, Lobster, Mascarpone Lemon Sauce, Pasta, Angel Hair Pasta