- 1 box of ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (230 grams) of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) of ground almonds
- 3 Tablespoons (40 grams) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of brandy (or vanilla extract)
- About 4 Tablespoons of lemon curd
- Powder sugar for dusting if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius
- Lightly flour surface and roll out the ready made pastry dough.
- Use about a 3 1/4 round cutter or a coffee cup to cut out round pieces of puff pastry.
- Take your muffin pan of rounds and line them with the puff pastry pieces that you cut out.
- For the filling, whisk the egg, ricotta, almonds, sugar and the brandy (or vanilla extract) in a bowl and set aside.
- Next, add a tiny teaspoon dot of the lemon curd in the center of each puff pastry center.
- Then spoon a dessert spoon amount of the ricotta mixture on top of this.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F or 180C and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let them cool on a wire rack, don’t worry if they sink a little, that’s absolutely normal.
- Finish them off with a dusting of powder sugar.
- They taste best when served warm and can be re-heated if you are serving them later.