1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup water
pinch of salt
1 cup ricotta
1/4 cup parmesan
4 oz deli ham, cut into small pieces
4 oz mozzarella cubed into small pieces
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
3 cups of your favorite red sauce
2 cups milk (2% or whole)
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
- Filling: In a bowl mix ham, mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, parsley, 1 egg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pasta: Whisk together, flour, egg, salt and water. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Béchamel sauce: Heat up milk in a saucepan with the bay leaf. Add the butter and whisk. Add the flour and continue to whisk while bringing the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture is thick like a gravy and smooth whisk in the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and 1 tsp of nutmeg. Set aside.
- Pasta: Heat a non-stick 8″ skillet, add about 3 tablespoons of the pasta batter and swirl to cover the bottom like a pancake. Turn out onto parchment paper and continue to make the rest of the pasta.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour a little red sauce and béchamel over the bottom of the baking dish, set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the filling into the pasta and seal up, placing each one seam side down into the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining red sauce and béchamel over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake until heated and dish is bubbling (about 20 min).
- Garnish with remaining parsley.