These mini blackberry tarts are a fun dessert to make. Kids love to create these mini tarts. Let them fill in their own preserves and berries for a summer dessert. I included links to two pie crust recipes that I love. What’s great about having a good pie crust recipe is you can get creative and use any type of berry or fruit that’s available. For this recipe I used an Italian pie crust (link below), fruit preserves, and blackberries with a touch of sugar. That’s it!
1 Pie Crust: Italian Pie Crust Pasta Frolla or French Pie Crust Pate Sucree
1 Jar of fruit preserve ( you won’t use the entire jar) I like 4 fruit combination from St. Dalfour
2 Containers of blackberries
1/4 cup powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
6 Mini pie tins
pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
1. Butter the bottom and edges of the pie molds.
2. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and divide into 6 segments (or however many pie tins you have) and form them into a disk.
3. Flatten the disk of dough and spread into the tart pan making your edges even by pressing and shaping.
4. Spoon a shallow layer of preserve into the tiny pans and spread around the bottom.
5. Add blackberries on top of the jam.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and put them on a baking tray.
7. Once all tart pans are completed bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the crust turns a nice light golden color.
8. Let them cool before you serve about 20 minutes or serve slightly warm with ice cream.
Keywords: Desserts, Tarts, Italian Dishes, Blackberry Tart, Blackberry