Mini Herb and Buttermilk Cornbreads are perfect for your Fall and Winter Stews.
As we begin the season of rich food it’s easy to overindulge. Try and mix it up a bit with soups and stews to nourish your body and your soul.
This herbed cornbread is quick and easy to bake. It’s a nice touch to add to store bought soups when your in a pinch. You can also edit the cheese and herbs to your taste and play around with the recipe when your feeling creative.
Mini Herb and Buttermilk Cornbreads
Makes about 6 loafs if using 5 x 3 inch mini loaf pans
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp table salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
2 medium eggs
1/2 cup grated gruyere + more for the topping
1/2 cup mixed dried herbs: basil, rosemary and parsley
Heat oven to 350F
1. Butter the mini loaf pans.
2. Mix the following ingredients in a bowl: flour, cornmeal baking powder, slat, and sugar.
3. Mix the following in another bowl: buttermilk, eggs, and butter.
4. And the wet mix to the dry mix a little at a time until blended.
5. Stir in the gruyere cheese + dried herbs.
6. Divide the mixture between the loaf tins and top off with more gruyere cheese.
7. Bake the loafs for 20 minutes or until golden, let cool for about 10 minutes and then turn them out on a wire rack.
8. Serve with butter while they are still warm.
It’s best to eat them the same day.
Keywords: Bread, Buttermilk Cornbreads, Mini Herb and Buttermilk Cornbreads