8 slices of bread (I used white crustless bread)
16 0z of fresh mozzarella sliced thin (I purchased Belgioioso)
4 eggs beaten seasoned with salt to your taste
3 cups of plain panko
1/2 cup of butter
4 cups of marinara sauce to serve on the side
- Assemble the bread and mozzarella (salt & peppered to your taste) to make 4 sandwiches.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, pressing around the edges to seal in the cheese.
- Cover in panko and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan on medium with a teaspoon of butter for each sandwich and grill to a golden-brown on all sides.
- Set aside on a baking tray.
- Once finished place in the oven at 300 F degrees for 5 to 8 min to make sure the mozzarella is melted (keep an eye on this for less or more time).
- Warm up your favorite marinara and serve on the side!
Keywords: Mozzarella in Carrozza