Mushroom Puff Pastry Tart
This Leek, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Tart is perfect for Gatherings. Savory and Sweet Tarts are one of my favorite things to make and this mushroom puff pastry tart is delicious. The variety and creativity are endless.
The idea is to sauté a few (or just one) vegetables and fold them into a goat cheese and crème fraîche mixture to create a spread. After you make the cheese mixtures, simply spread it over puff pastry or flatbread and bake for 15 minutes, take out of the oven and add the topping and bake for an additional 5 minutes.Print
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 leeks sliced thinly (slice the white part and only up to the light green part)
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup of chicken stock (or mushroom stock)
2 teaspoons of salt
1/3 cup or 80 grams of crème fraîche
3 oz or 90 grams of goat cheese
1/2 lb or 250 grams of mushrooms (you can mix them: oyster, chanterelle, and cremini) cleaned and chopped
all-purpose flour for dusting
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed if frozen
Pre-heat the oven to 400F (200C)
1. In a pan over medium heat sauté 2 tablespoons of butter.
2. Add leeks, sauté for about 4 minutes.
3. Add bay leaf, chicken stock, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
4. Let the mixture simmer until leeks are translucent, about 15 minutes.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and discard the bay leaf.
6. In another pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add mushrooms, 1 teaspoon of salt and sauté for about 4 minutes.
7. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry dough into a rectangle (10 x 12) to match your baking sheet.
9. Place the dough onto the baking sheet.
10. Spread the leek and cheese mixture over the dough leaving 1 inch around the edge.
11. Take the corners and pinch them together to make a point that stands up, then fold over the sides between the points to create the edge.
12. Bake until the crust puffs up and everything looks golden, about 15 minutes.
13. Take the tart out and layer the mushrooms over the leek and cheese mixture.
14. Bake for another 5 minutes.
15. Let it stand for a few minutes before cutting to serve.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: French Dishes, Bites, Tart, Goat Cheese, Goat Cheese Tart