Pasta Shells Sausage Tomatoes and Cream
Conchiglie Alla Salsiccia e Panna is the actual name of this recipe and is a dish my mother has been making since I was a child.
Totally craveable and hits the spot at dinner after a long day.
I know many friends that find cooking Italian food at home to be a challenge. I am here to say it’s not and that you can try out a recipe like this one and see what you think.
Also my children seriously LOVE this dish. It is on their top 5 list.
Conchiglie Alla Salsiccia e Panna
English: Pasta Shells with Sausage and Cream
Serves: 4 People
- Category: Italian Inspired
3 links of Italian Sausage (mild or hot it will depend on your taste, I prefer hot)
3 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Rosemary
1 Tablespoon of finely chopped Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
3 (28 ounce) Cans of Whole Plum Tomatoes Diced
1/2 Cup of Half and Half or Whole Milk
1 Pound of Conchiglie Pasta (Pasta Shells)
1/4 Cup of Grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Tuscan
1 Teaspoon of salt
Pepper Flakes (optional)
1. Place the sausage in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Remove sausage and let cool. Once it is cool slice the sausage into thin rounds and set aside.
2. Melt butter into a skillet over medium high heat. Add the thin sliced sausage rounds and cook until lightly brown.
3. Next Add Rosemary, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 2 tablespoons of water. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down to form a sauce and the water is evaporated.
4. Bring a stockpot of water to a boil and add salt. drop in the pasta all at once stirring well.
5. If you want more heat you can add pepper flakes to the sauce in the skillet to your taste. I personally only do this if I am using Mild Italian Sausage.
6. Add Cream and Parsley to the skillet and stir frequently until the cream has reduced by half. Remove from the heat and set aside.
7. when the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce in the skillet, adding the grated cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Keywords: Pasta, Italian Dishes, Pasta Shells Sausage