Rack of Lamb with Panko Pumpkin Seed Crust
I was having one of those days. You know the kind of day that you leave your list at home, forgot you had an appointment, and missed a few important calls.
But I did remember the rack of lamb. And because I was super lazy and didn’t want to go back to the store I came up with a Panko/Pumpkin seed mixture as a crust for the lamb.
Little did I know how well pumpkin seeds would go with lamb, it was a delightful surprise after a really foggy day.
- Category: French Inspired
1 Rack of Lamb
1 Cup of Panko
1/2 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds
Salt & Pepper to your taste
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. First preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Next, mix the panko with the pumpkin seeds
3. Heat the oil over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
4. Season the lamb with salt & pepper
5. Next firmly press the panko and pumpkin seed mix evenly around the rack
6. Now put the lamb in the pan to sear and quickly brown the surface on both sides
7. After both sides are seared finish off in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes
8. Take out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes and then you are ready to serve!
How to Slice a Rack of Lamb
1. After the rack of lamb has cooked and rested, flip it over exposing the bones.
2. Now, look for the gap in-between the bones.
3. Next, take the meatless end of the bones and hold it perpendicular to your cutting board.
4. Place your knife in-between the first few bones at either end and cut along the bone rather than the meat.
5. By following the bones, rather than the meat, your knife will run easily between the joints.
6. Once your knife passes through the joint, follow through to the round of the meat (the eye) and continue with the steps above to slice up the rest of the rack.
You may find a bone that is completely without meat. This is common so not to worry.
Keywords: Meals, French Dishes, Lamb