Chocolate and Carmel Tart with Flaky Sea Salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) Dulce de Leche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Semi-Sweet Chocolate or Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together egg yolks, 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract in small bowl.
- In a mixer add flour, powdered sugar, salt and blend, then add butter; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Next add yolk mixture in step 1 and process until mixture forms a ball. Shape into a disk and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough and spread it out to a disk and transfer to a 9 inch tart pan, press into the bottom and to the sides pulling the dough up the sides.
- Line the shell with a piece of aluminum foil; fill with pie weights, dried beans or rice.
- BAKE for 30 minutes or until pastry is set and the edges are golden. Remove the foil and weights. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Dulce de Leche and Chocolate Filling
- Spoon dulce de leche into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for a few seconds at a time just until warm; stir.
- Spoon dulce de leche into tart shell, spreading evenly.
- Now place the chocolate in medium bowl and set aside. Heat 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan until bubbles appear around the edge.
- Remove the cream from the heat and pour over the chocolate to start melting it. Let stand for 5 minutes or until melted. Whisk until smooth.
- Take the melted chocolate and pour over dulce de leche; spread with a spatula.
- Dust with a little flaky sea salt.
- To serve the same day refrigerate for at least 1 hour for it to set. Remove side of tart pan and transfer the tart to a serving plate. Cut into wedges.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Desserts, Salted Caramel and Chocolate Tart, Chocolate Tart, Tarts