- 4 thin slices of wheat bread (you can use whatever bread you like but I do prefer the wheat)
- Softened butter or cream cheese
- 5 oz of smoked salmon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons
- Cut the crust from the bread
- Take a paper towel and cut it into 4 pieces to fit the size of the bread slices.
- Dampen the paper towels and squeeze out any excess water.
- Place the dampen slices of kitchen towels under the slices of bread. This will help you roll the bread into pinwheels by keeping the bread moist so it doesn’t crack.
- Spread the butter or the cream cheese on the bread right up to the edges.
- Cover each slice of bread with a slice of smoked salmon.
- Lightly sprinkle lemon juice over the salmon and just a touch of lightly ground pepper.
- Roll up each topped slice of bread as tightly and firmly as possible, then discard the paper.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes before cutting the roll into 5 pieces.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Sandwiches, Salmon, Pinwheel Sandwiches