This Strawberry Ice Box Cake is fun to make. I mean who doesn’t want to get creative with a gallon of ice cream!
It’s a quick way to get all the praise with minimum effort. And the best part is you can dream up all kinds of combinations with ice cream flavors, cookies, fillings, and toppings. It’s fun to think about all the possibilities.
Video: Strawberry Ice Box CakePrint
Recipe below and a video is located here: Strawberry Ice Box Cake
1 gallon ice cream
2 cups crumbled cookies, like vanilla wafers
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups chocolate chips
- Remove ice cream from the freezer to soften (about 30 minutes).
- Once soften, tip the ice cream in a bowl and mix with a handheld mixer to smooth it out, place back in freezer.
- Line a cake pan or springform pan with saran wrap and parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate, adding a little cream to thin it out.
- Grab the ice cream and spoon a layer of ice cream into the lined pan, add a layer of chocolate, and a layer of cookies, repeat finishing with a layer of ice cream.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap and freeze until solid (3 hours, or next day)
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Take the ice box cake out of the freezer and place it on a plate.
- Remove the plastic wrap and parchment.
- Cover the ice box cake with whipped cream and decorate with sliced strawberries.
- Put back into the freezer for about 20 minutes to set.
- If you are putting it back into the freezer to serve later that day take it out 20 to 30 min prior to slicing.
- Use a warm knife to slice and serve with strawberries on the side.
Keywords: Ice Box Cake, Strawberry and Chocolate