Recipe below and a video is located here: Strawberry Ice Box Cake
1 gallon ice cream
2 cups crumbled cookies, like vanilla wafers
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups chocolate chips
- Remove ice cream from the freezer to soften (about 30 minutes).
- Once soften, tip the ice cream in a bowl and mix with a handheld mixer to smooth it out, place back in freezer.
- Line a cake pan or springform pan with saran wrap and parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate, adding a little cream to thin it out.
- Grab the ice cream and spoon a layer of ice cream into the lined pan, add a layer of chocolate, and a layer of cookies, repeat finishing with a layer of ice cream.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap and freeze until solid (3 hours, or next day)
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Take the ice box cake out of the freezer and place it on a plate.
- Remove the plastic wrap and parchment.
- Cover the ice box cake with whipped cream and decorate with sliced strawberries.
- Put back into the freezer for about 20 minutes to set.
- If you are putting it back into the freezer to serve later that day take it out 20 to 30 min prior to slicing.
- Use a warm knife to slice and serve with strawberries on the side.
Keywords: Ice Box Cake, Strawberry and Chocolate