It’s easy to find ourselves making the same choices over and over, especially for dinners during the week. That’s why I want to share this recipe for Veal Piccata with capers and lemon with you. Trying something a little different can make a typical weeknight into a special occasion. So what’s for dinner tonight? How about this Veal Piccata.
I think this veal piccata dish is spectacular served with a side of roasted potatoes on a bed of arugula with extra lemon slices tucked in. Of course you can also serve it over pasta, rice or whatever starch you desire. It’s very versatile, which is perfect during the week.
Veal Piccata with Capers and Lemon
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Meat
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 lb of Veal Scaloppine (thinly sliced and butterflied, ask your butcher if there isn’t any packaged up)
- 2 teaspoons of Italian Flat Leaf Parsley chopped + more for garnish
- Flour for dredging
- ½ cup of Balsamic Capers, non-pareil in white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of white wine
- Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons + 2 additional lemons cut in wedges for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees
- Season veal with salt and pepper
- Dredge the veal in flour and shake off any excess
- In a large skillet over medium to high heat, add about 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Once the skillet is hot add the veal and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until both sides are browned.
- Once both sides are browned transfer to an oven safe dish. Continue until all veal is browned.
- Next add the white wine to the skillet you were cooking the veal in and cook for about 2 minutes, deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits from it. Now, add the lemon juice and capers. Cook for about another 2 minutes.
- Now take the skillet and pour the sauce over the veal that’s in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley, season with salt and bake in the over for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Once the veal is done you can plate it on a family size platter and garnish with more Italian Parsley and lemon wedges tucked in.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Meals, Italian Dishes, Veal Piccata