- 2 lb of Veal Scaloppine (thinly sliced and butterflied, ask your butcher if there isn’t any packaged up)
- 2 teaspoons of Italian Flat Leaf Parsley chopped + more for garnish
- Flour for dredging
- ½ cup of Balsamic Capers, non-pareil in white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of white wine
- Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons + 2 additional lemons cut in wedges for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees
- Season veal with salt and pepper
- Dredge the veal in flour and shake off any excess
- In a large skillet over medium to high heat, add about 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Once the skillet is hot add the veal and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until both sides are browned.
- Once both sides are browned transfer to an oven safe dish. Continue until all veal is browned.
- Next add the white wine to the skillet you were cooking the veal in and cook for about 2 minutes, deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits from it. Now, add the lemon juice and capers. Cook for about another 2 minutes.
- Now take the skillet and pour the sauce over the veal that’s in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley, season with salt and bake in the over for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Once the veal is done you can plate it on a family size platter and garnish with more Italian Parsley and lemon wedges tucked in.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Meals, Italian Dishes, Veal Piccata