- 4 eggs (200g)
- Caster sugar (200g or 1 cup)
- Butter (200g or 7/8 of a cup or one cup less 2 tablespoons)
- Flour (200g or 1 1/3 cup), sift after you measure it.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoonful of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Lemon Curd
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 2 Springform Cake Pans (Loose bottom cake tins)
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Butter and line the base of 2 x 18cm (7in) cake pans with parchment paper.
- Place flour into a small mixing bowl and stir in baking powder.
- In another bowl cream butter & caster sugar, add eggs and continue to blend.
- Next, add flour, vanilla extract, and mix all together.
- Make sure the mixture slowly falls off a spoon when held sideways, if it doesn’t add a teaspoon of hot water.
- Next, divide the mixture between the 2 springform cake pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let cool in the pans for a few minutes, then turn them out to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread lemon curd on one half of the cake and then place the other half on top, dust with powdered sugar.
Keywords: Tea, Cake, Sponge Cake