An easy and light dessert with berries.
These Berry Parfaits are layered with Mascarpone Whipped Cream. They are fun and simple to make + great for picnics.
Most people think of picnicking in the Summer but I actually love picnicking in the Fall once the weather starts to cool. Of course this is a moving target in Texas but it’s quite lovely to find a day that’s worthy of an outdoor feast.
The best part about these berry parfaits is that you can make them well in advance and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
- A variety of berries that you can find (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- 8 oz of Mascarpone Cheese at room-temperature
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- Honey to drizzle (optional)
- Using a hand-mixer or stand-up mixer with the whisk attachment, on medium speed, blend together the mascarpone cheese and 2 tbsp of the powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside in another bowl.
- In a mixing bowl add the heavy whipping cream and the remaining sugar and blend on high-speed just until stiff peaks form, about a minute or two.
- Turn the mixer off and carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and gently stir to combine.
- Layer with berries in whatever containers you want to serve them in.
- Drizzle with honey if you like.
Keywords: Desserts, Berry Parfaits, Parfaits