I Absolutely love this Fig and Goat Cheese Bread.
It’s simple to make and really adorable baked in tiny loaf pans.
It’s been a fun discovery for me over the summer to bake up bready creations with fun ingredients in tiny bread molds.
This savory fig and goat cheese bread works well for appetizers and travel well for gatherings.
I’ve included a few tips when shopping for fresh figs. When you are at the store you will most likely see Black Mission and Brown Turkey figs.
Fresh figs are fragile so they will not be perfect.
What to look for: The fig’s stem should give a little when bent and the skin should have a slight wear to it. This indicates a full ripe flavorful fig.
What to Avoid: Avoid figs that are oozing, look shrunken, have milky liquid around the stem, or are over squishy. If the figs are in a container check the container for any signs of molding.
Plan on eating or using the figs within a day or two of buying them.
How to Store: They are best at room temperature in a well ventilated area. You can refrigerate fresh figs to last a little longer but note that it will lack a bit in flavor.Print
Fig and Goat Cheese Bread Cakes
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 22
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Category: Bread
- 250g flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml of milk
- 150g of melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped rosemary and a few springs for garnish
- 150g of goat cheese
- 4 ripened black figs
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, and butter.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour, whisking until just combined then add the chopped rosemary.
- Divide the batter between the loaf tins until each is half full.
- Press the goat cheese and figs into the top of each cake.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once they are cool decorate with the extra sprigs of rosemary.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Bread, Fig and Goat Cheese Bread Cakes , Cheese Bread Cakes, Cakes, Cheese Bread